Terms & Conditions
Legal Notice: Terms and Conditions of Use
Please Read These Terms and Conditions of Use Carefully Before Using this Website
This website (the “Site”) is provided by the WinShape Foundation, Inc. on behalf of itself and its programs, including the WinShape College Program, Camps, Home, Wilderness, Retreat, Marriage, and International (the “Programs”), which Programs may change from time to time, and its affiliates (collectively, “WinShape”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). These Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms and Conditions of Use”) are a legal and binding agreement between you and WinShape governing your use of this Site, which includes its content, information, services, and features. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, then you should not use this Site. Your use and browsing of this Site is at your risk. If you are dissatisfied with this Site in any way, its contents, or these Terms and Conditions of Use, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using this Site.
Modifications to These Terms and Conditions of Use
We reserve the right at any time to update, change, modify, or revise these Terms and Conditions of Use. Any changes will become effective upon posting to this Site, along with the date on which it was most recently updated as indicated by the “Last Updated” section at the end of these Terms and Conditions of Use. Your continued access or use of this Site after any such changes indicates your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Use as modified. It is your responsibility to review the Terms and Conditions of Use regularly for updates.
Use of this Site
This Site and all content, information, and other materials featured, displayed, contained, and available on this Site, including, but not limited to, all text, images, graphics, designs, illustrations, photographs, pictures, audio, software, and video clips, the “look and feel,” pages, screens, content arrangement, and computer programs (collectively, the “Materials”) are owned by or licensed to WinShape and are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, and/or other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws under the United States and foreign laws. Subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions of Use, we grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use, display, and download this Site for noncommercial purposes only. You may view, display, copy, download, and print the Materials solely for your own personal, noncommercial use. All copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices contained on the Materials must be retained on all copies thereof. You may not, in any way, otherwise copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, modify, create derivative works from, sell, or exploit, in whole or in part, this Site or its Materials. Except as expressly provided herein, we do not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or trade secret information. You agree to abide by all additional terms, conditions, and restrictions included within this Site, the
Materials, and/or the features and services. WinShape may at any time, for any reason, and without notice or liability: (1) modify, suspend, or terminate operation of or access to this Site, or any portion thereof; (2) change, revise, or modify this Site, the Materials, or any portion thereof; (3) interrupt the operation of this Site, or any portion thereof, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or for any other purposes; (4) impose limits on certain features and services, or restrict your access to parts or the entire Site; and/or (5) terminate the authorization, rights, and license given above, upon which you shall immediately destroy all
You agree to use this Site and the Materials in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use and all applicable laws and regulations. You agree not to:
- modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of this Site or the Materials;
- use this Site or any Materials, features, or services for any unlawful, fraudulent, or malicious purposes, or to solicit any such activity;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any accounts, features, systems, or networks through hacking, password mining, or any other means;
- use this Site or any feature in any way that could disrupt, damage, disable, overburden, or impair it or its systems, servers, or networks;
- frame or mirror any portion or feature of this Site;
- use this Site or any feature, including a blog, for advertisements, chain letters, spamming, junk mail, solicitations, or any other commercial purposes;
- use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider”, or other automatic device, program, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to: (1) access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of this Site or the Materials; (2) reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of this Site or the Materials; (3) obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, or information through any means not purposely made available through this Site;
- use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site or with any other person’s use or enjoyment of this Site;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, time bombs, cancel-bots, corrupted files, or other items of a destructive nature;
- circumvent or attempt to circumvent any security or authentication measures implemented by WinShape;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers;
- post, transmit, submit, or include any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable content, material, or information of any kind, or any content, material, or information that may give rise to criminal or civil liability;
- submit or post any false or misleading information; and/or
- violate, infringe, or misappropriate the intellectual property, publicity, privacy, or other proprietary rights of WinShape or any other person or entity.
We reserve the right to prohibit access, use, conduct, communications, or content that we, in our sole discretion, deem to be harmful to this Site, the Materials, users, us, our brand, or any other person or entity, or that violates these Terms and Conditions of Use and/or applicable law.
User Content and Blog Postings
If this Site contains a blog or otherwise allows users to post comments, content, or other materials (“User Content”), we request that such User Content be respectful and relevant to us and our Programs and ministries. Please refrain from posting any of your personal information such as your email address, phone number, address, photo, etc. If you do choose to post any personal information, you are making that information public and allowing everyone to view, access, and use that information and associate it with you. You take full responsibility for User Content. You may not include any content (e.g., text, photos, images, quotes, logos, etc.) that is the property of another (e.g., protected by copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights), unless you have express, written permission to do so.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- make any personal attacks;
- post any personal or private information about another blogger, user, visitor, or any other person;
- solicit personal information from any blogger, user, visitor, or other person;
- impersonate any person or entity, including WinShape and its sponsors; and/or
- imply that WinShape endorses any of your comments or positions.
While we assume no duty to pre-screen, monitor, or regularly review User Content, we have the right, but not the obligation, to modify, alter, edit, block, or remove any User Content, in whole or in part, that we believe, in our sole discretion, violates these Terms and Conditions of Use, or is harmful to us, our brand, or any other person or entity.
We are not responsible or liable in any way for any User Content or how it is interpreted by others. You bear all risk associated with use of any User Content, and any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness thereof. In posting User Content, you expressly grant us an unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable (i.e., fully assignable and sub-licensable), worldwide, royalty-free license to disclose, copy, reproduce, display, publicly perform, transmit, distribute, translate, reformat, incorporate, and otherwise use User Content, in whole or in part, and create derivative works therefrom, in any media now known or hereafter developed, and for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes without compensation to you or anyone else. You also permit any user to access, display, view, store, and reproduce your User Comment for personal use only.
Copyright Infringement Notification
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. Copyright Law. If you believe in good faith that Materials available on this Site or any of our other websites infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) should send us a notice requesting that we remove the Material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly submitted a notice to us under this paragraph, then you should send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. If you believe that your work has been improperly copied and posted on this Site, then please provide us with the following information: (1) name, address, telephone number, email address, and an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or of the person authorized to act on his or her behalf; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of where on this Site the Material that you claim is infringing is located; (4) a written statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (5) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. These requirements must be followed to give us legally sufficient notice of infringement.
Notices and counter-notices should be sent to:
WinShape Foundation, Inc.
ATTN: Marketing – DMCA Manager
P.O. Box 490009
Mt. Berry, GA 30149-0009
DMCA details are available at http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Please be aware
that there are penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Login and Registration
Certain features or services offered on or through our Site may require you to complete a registration process and/or setup an account or login. In connection therewith, you agree to (1) provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself, and (2) maintain and promptly update your information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information you hold for your login, including your password. You agree to notify WinShape immediately of any unauthorized use of your login, or any other breach of security. You may be held liable for losses incurred by WinShape or any other Site user or visitor due to someone else using your login as a result of your failing to keep your login information secure and confidential. You may not use anyone else’s login at any time without their express written permission. WinShape shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.
Links To Third Party Sites
Our Site may contain links to other third-party websites and social media platforms, such as Facebook orTwitter (“Linked Sites”). Linked Sites are provided only for your convenience. If you decide to visit any Linked Site, you do so at your own risk. WinShape has no responsibility or liability for any Linked Sites, or the content, policies, or actions thereof. Links do not imply that we sponsor, endorse, are affiliated with or associated with, or are legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, service mark, design, logo, symbol, or other copyrighted materials displayed on or accessible through such Linked Site.
Trademark Information and Ownership of Intellectual Property
WinShape®, WinShape College Program & Design®, WinShape Homes®, Camp WinShape®, WinShape Wilderness & Design®, and WinShape Centre & Design® are registered trademarks and service marks of WinShape. The absence of a trademark notice or legend indicating the registration or ownership by WinShape anywhere in this Site does not constitute a waiver of WinShape’s trademark or other intellectual property rights. This Site, the Materials, and the trademarks, logos, service marks, and all other source identifying indicia displayed on this Site (collectively, the “WinShape Intellectual Property”) are owned by or licensed to WinShape with all rights reserved unless otherwise noted. We do not permit third parties to use WinShape Intellectual Property in any manner, including advertising, as an endorsement for any product or service, in association with contests or promotions, or for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise, without our prior express written permission. Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use WinShape Intellectual Property without our prior express written permission. You are strictly prohibited from using any WinShape Intellectual Property except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions of Use. You are also advised that WinShape and/or its licensee(s) will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking criminal prosecution.
When you visit this Site or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You further agree that any notices provided by us electronically are deemed to be given and received on the date we transmit any such electronic communication as described in these Terms and Conditions of Use.
WinShape makes no representations or warranties regarding this Site and the Materials. WE DO NO WARRANT THAT THIS SITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE USE OF THIS SITE OR THE MATERIALS, OR THE RESULTS OBTAINED THEREFROM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AS TO ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THIS SITE AND THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS, AND CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, PARTNERS, SPONSORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, OR THE LIKE (“PROVIDERS”) IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND THE MATERIALS.
Limitations of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR ANY OF OUR PROVIDERS BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF INFORMATION, PROGRAMS, OR DATA) RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE AND THE MATERIALS, FEATURES, AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless WinShape, its Providers, and its and their officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), and expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from: (1) your breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use; and/or (2) your activities in connection with this Site.
International Users and Choice of Law
No Agency Relationship
Neither these Terms and Conditions of Use, nor any Materials, features, or services of this Site, create any partnership, joint venture, employment, or other agency relationship between WinShape and you. You may not enter into any contract on our behalf or bind us in any way.
Violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use and Remedies
You agree that WinShape may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, block and/or terminate your access to this Site if we determine that you have violated these Terms and Conditions of Use or other agreements or guidelines that may be associated therewith. You also agree that any violation, or threatened violation, by you of these Terms and Conditions of Use constitutes an unlawful and unfair business practice, and will cause irreparable and unquantifiable harm to WinShape. You also agree that monetary damages would be inadequate for such harm and consent to our obtaining any injunctive or equitable relief that we deem necessary or appropriate. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies we may have at law or in equity. If WinShape does take any legal action against you as a result of your violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use, WinShape will be entitled to recover from you, and you agree to pay, all reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of such action, in addition to any other relief granted to WinShape. You agree that WinShape will not be liable to you or to any third party for termination of your access to this Site as a result of any violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Entire Agreement, Claims Limitations, and Severability
continue in full force and effect.
If you have any questions about this Site or these Terms and Conditions of Use, or to report violations of these Terms and Conditions of Use, please contact us at:
WinShape Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 490009
Mt. Berry, GA 30149-0009
Terms and Conditions of Use last updated on _______________, 2012.
Copyright © 2012 WinShape Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.
Consent, License to Use, and Release Agreement
We are happy to have you (or, where applicable, your minor child or ward) participate in the Program. In exchange for your involvement in the Program and the benefits you will receive, you irrevocably consent that WinShape Foundation, Inc. (“WinShape”), its vendors, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, licensees, agents and assigns, and their respective owners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives (the “WinShape Parties”/”we”/”us”) may:
- Film, tape, photograph, and record (video and audio, in any form or medium) you, your name, likeness, voice, photograph, image, performance, story, and statements (“recordings”) and modify and edit the recordings; and
- Use, reproduce, distribute, display, and perform the recordings (including as edited and modified) and your name, likeness, statements, nicknames, and materials that you provide to us (such as photos, videos, stories and/or other content) (“materials”) either alone or with other content, in any media or format, now existing or later developed, for marketing, advertising and other commercial and lawful purposes worldwide, now and in the future.
WinShape considers the recordings and media it creates and develops to be its “Works.” As a result, WinShape is the exclusive owner of all rights, including copyrights and other intellectual property rights, in the Works. We are excited to possibly use the recordings, materials and Works as opportunities arise now and in the future, but we also have the option not to use them. You agree that the WinShape Parties do not have to notify you or get your review or approval for that use (and you waive any moral rights that may exist), and that you have been fully compensated for your participation in the Program and any use of the recordings and Works. You also hereby represent that, by using the recordings and materials, the WinShape Parties are not violating the rights of a third party (e.g., a talent agency) who would have a claim to owning any rights to or in the recordings or materials.
Statements About the WinShape Parties: You affirm that all statements you provide are true and accurate, are made voluntarily, and are based upon your personal experiences and honest beliefs about the WinShape Parties and their products and services.
The Legal Stuff: To the fullest extent allowed by law, you (for yourself and on behalf of your heirs, next of kin, and anyone else who might make a claim through you) forever waive, release, discharge, indemnify, and covenant not to sue the WinShape Parties for any claims, liabilities, demands, or damages of any kind, regardless of cause (including claims based on rights of publicity or privacy or arising from negligence or an act or omission of the WinShape Parties), or any injunctive or other relief, relating to your participation in the Program or the use or non-use of the recordings, materials or Works as permitted under this agreement. This is a full waiver of your right to seek legal action against the WinShape Parties for any claim related to the Program.
You acknowledge that if you are a resident of California, you have been advised or had the opportunity to be advised by legal counsel, and understand your waiver includes the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542 (“Section 1542”), which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.
Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 1542, being aware of Section 1542, you hereby expressly and voluntarily waive any rights you, your personal representatives, executors, heirs, next of kin and any other on your behalf, may have thereunder, as well as under any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect.
Georgia law governs this agreement (regardless of anything that could apply to change that). If there is a dispute related to this agreement, you agree to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the federal and state courts located in Fulton County, Georgia. If part of this agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, then that part will be enforced as much as possible or removed, and it will not affect the enforceability of the other parts. This agreement reflects our complete understanding and can be changed only in writing signed by both you and WinShape This agreement does not create any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between you and the WinShape Parties.
- contact or communicate with us;
- request information about us or any of our Programs;
- apply or register for any of our Programs;
- apply for a Program staffer position or other employment opportunity with us;
- create an online account with us;
- participate in any of our Programs;
- donate to or otherwise support us, our Programs, and ministries;
- access or use our pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (“Social Media Pages”);
- sign-up for communications (e.g., direct mailings, e-mails, text messages, or social media notifications) from us;
- participate in a survey or evaluation;
- provide or submit comments, stories, suggestions, or other content or input to us; and/or
- otherwise interact with us and our Sites.
We may combine any of the information collected about you for the purposes described in this Privacy
We and our third-party service providers collect Personal Information provided by you or on your behalf, which information may include your:
- contact information (e.g., home address, phone numbers including mobile numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.);
- date of birth;
- demographic information;
- family information;
- medical information and records;
- educational records;
- employment information;
- personal references; and/or
- payment and financial information (e.g., credit card numbers and banking information).
We may also collect your Personal Information from others who refer you to us. Additionally, we may collect Personal Information about you from third parties to supplement, update, or verify your information, and/or in connection with your application for and participation in a Program. Applicable law may require that you authorize a third party to share your Personal Information with us before we can acquire it, including medical and school records.
Information Collected Automatically
We and our third-party service providers use Traffic Data, Cookies, Web Beacons, and other tracking technologies to automatically collect certain information from you. The following are examples of information we may collect with these technologies:
- your IP address;
- browser type and operating system;
- pages you view within our Sites;
- websites you visited before coming to our Site;
- emails from us that you open and/or forward; and/or
- offers or links from us to which you connect.
We use this information to personalize your on-line experience and for marketing purposes.
We may automatically track and collect your IP address, domain server, type of computer, and type of web browser (“Traffic Data”). Traffic Data does not typically include Personal Information, but rather is anonymous information that is helpful for our marketing purposes and for improving your experience on our Sites.
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx
- For Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Options+window+-+Privacy+panel\
- For Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
Certain pages on our Sites and Social Media Pages may contain web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs), which are small bits of code embedded in pages or images on our Sites and Social Media Pages (“Web Beacons”). We may also include Web Beacons in emails we send to you to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded. You can disable the ability of Web Beacons to capture such information. Please refer to the “Help” menu of your browser to learn more about Web Beacons and your ability to disable them.
We and our third-party service providers may also utilize other tracking technologies. For example, if permitted by applicable law, we may collect “referrers” and various
We use your information that we collect, including Personal Information, in connection with our Programs and ministries. The following are ways we may use the information we collect about you:
- communicating with you regarding our Programs and ministries;
- processing your applications and registrations;
- processing your payments and donations;
- administering our Programs;
- tailoring our Programs, Sites, and communications to your interests;
- creating and managing your accounts;
- seeking donations and other support for our Programs and ministries;
- responding to your inquiries, comments, stories, or postings;
- improving and customizing our Programs, Sites, and communications according to your individual interests;
- for internal operations such as enhancing our Programs, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis;
- developing new programs and ministries;
- for our marketing purposes;
- protect the security and integrity of our Programs and Sites.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We share and disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf (e.g., hosting and maintenance of our Sites and Social Media Pages, application and registration submission and processing, payment processing, etc.), or assist us in providing our Programs and ministries (e.g., facilities, food servicing, medical providers, church hosts, etc.);
- with our sponsors and partners in order to facilitate our Programs and ministries and for marketing purposes;
- to comply with law or investigate a potential violation of law;
- as may be necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of WinShape, our employees, participants, partners, users, visitors, or any other person or entity;
- to enforce or apply any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements;
- in the event of a corporate transaction;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and/or
- in accordance with your consent.
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
We provide you with the opportunity to update and/or delete certain information and to opt-out of having your Personal Information used or disclosed for certain purposes. For example, you may
- correct, update, and delete your online account;
- change your choices for subscriptions and certain communications;
- opt-out of us sharing your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes; and/or
- request access to your Personal Information.
User Generated Content
Privacy of Children Online
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. Please contact us via the Contact Information provided below if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent or other than in a manner authorized by law, and we will work to delete it.
Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
Outside of the United States
Address: WinShape Foundation
P.O. Box 490009
Mt. Berry, GA 30149-0009
Release, Waiver and Volunteer/Activity Agreement For Individuals
“Activity”: When we say “Activity,” we mean the program, event, retreat, training, camp or other activity or activities that you attend, participate in, volunteer for or otherwise join that we host, sponsor, plan or provide, whether by yourself or with other participants. You agree that this definition should be interpreted broadly so that this agreement governs any engagement we have with each other. We will refer to the place where the Activity occurs as the “Activity Space.”
“You/Your”: When we say “you” or “your,” we mean you, the participant or volunteer, who signs this Form, and if applicable, the Minor you are signing on behalf of. This agreement is personal to you; you cannot assign it to someone else.
“We/Us/Our”: When we say “we”, “us” or “our”, we mean WinShape Foundation, Inc., WinShape College Program, WinShape Teams, WinShape Marriage, WinShape Retreat, WinShape Camps, WinShape Homes, and to the extent lawful, the campus ministries, partners and churches supporting us in this Activity (if there are any doing so), and each of the foregoing’s affiliates, licensees, subsidiaries, agents and assigns, and their owners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents and representatives.
We are happy to have you participate or volunteer in the Activity! Before the fun can begin, you must read and agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement. To confirm your agreement with all three pages, please sign below.
- You are responsible for following the rules and staying safe. We want this to be a great time together, but you are fully responsible (or in legalese, “solely liable”) for your actions, conduct and safety during the Activity, including following all rules, regulations and instructions. You agree not to use drugs or alcohol while participating or volunteering in the Activity, to wear appropriate clothing for the specific Activity, and not to do anything that you are not completely confident you can do safely.
- You are aware of the risks and accept them. You are fully aware of the risks associated with volunteering or participating in the Activity and you accept and you assume all risks associated therewith (which can include, among other dangers, risks associated with congregating with groups of other people, risks associated with high ropes courses or other related teambuilding but stressful situations or other harm due to any unpredictable act, event, or other unknown). The foregoing expressly includes assumption of risks arising from our own negligent acts or omissions, negligent acts or omissions of volunteers or participants, and those of our independent contractors, vendors, franchisees, agents and supporters (including Chick-fil-A, Inc.) (together with us, called the “Released Parties”, and each individually, a “Released Party”).
- You accept each of the Terms & Conditions. You confirm you have read, understand, and agree to the terms & conditions below, which terms & conditions (including the waivers and releases of liability) are an express part of this agreement. You further agree that if for some reason one of the below terms is not enforceable, then that will not keep the others from being enforced between us.Do not sign until you finish reading. By signing below, I acknowledge that I am freely and voluntarily agreeing to the below terms!
The Detailed Legal Stuff
(What our lawyers call, “terms and conditions.”)
- You release us and waive your rights to sue/file claims. You fully understand and forever waive your rights to sue or file any claims against the Released Parties for any and all injuries, damages, actions, liabilities, demands of every kind and nature whatsoever, based on negligence or otherwise of the Released Parties or other persons participating in the Activity, to the extent allowed by law, whether for personal injuries, property damage, illness, death (including, among other illnesses, any disease, sickness, COVID-19 infection, or other health or chronic complications resulting from or related to COVID-19) or any other loss, by or on behalf of yourself (and/or that you as the Parent/Guardian have or may have on behalf of the Minor), related to your volunteering and/or participation in the Activity or your contribution to, and our use of, the Works (as defined below). This is a full waiver of your significant right to seek legal action against us for any claim related to the Activity. Do not sign above if you do not agree.
- You will indemnify us in certain circumstances. You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from and against any and all claims (including third party claims) for injuries, damages, actions, rights, and other liabilities (including reasonable attorney fees), whether for personal injuries, property damage (including damages to the Activity Space, whether or not we own it or simply rented or arranged it), illness, death (including, among other illnesses, any disease, sickness, COVID-19 infection, or other health or chronic complications resulting from or related to COVID-19) or any other loss, damage or expenses, related to or arising from (a) your participation or volunteering in the Activity, (b) use of your Works (as defined below), (c) your breach of or failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement or applicable law. In other words, if we incur damages that arise from or relate to your participation in the Activities, you agree to, at a minimum, make us whole. And, if someone else incurs costs, damages or expenses that arise from or relate to your participation in the Activity, and that someone else requires that we pay them any amount or make them whole, you will then make us whole for the liabilities/losses we incur as a result of us making such party whole/making
payments to them.
- You can be a part of our marketing. Unless you expressly and clearly opt(ed)-out of this during your onboarding/registering with us through our internal system, you give the Released Parties the full rights, without charge, to use your name, picture, voice, image, and personal story partially or in full, in any media (collectively, the “Works”) for marketing, advertising and other lawful purposes worldwide now and in the future. We consider the recordings and media that we create and develop to be our “Works” and, therefore, we are the exclusive owner of all rights, including copyrights and other intellectual property rights, in the Works. We are excited to possibly use the recordings, materials and Works as opportunities arise now and in the future, and you agree that we do not have to notify you each time we wish to do so, nor do we have to get your review or approval each time and you waive any moral rights that may exist. We hope the recordings, materials, and Works will be great, but we also have the right not to use them. You agree that we do not have any payment, other compensation, or acknowledgement obligations to you. You also hereby represent to us that by using the recordings and materials, we are not violating the rights of a third party (e.g., a talent agency or your friend who is a photographer) who would have a claim to owning any rights to or in the recordings or materials. Notwithstanding the foregoing, this Section shall not apply to WinShape Marriage Intensives.
- Your participation is voluntary and you are choosing to participate. You confirm that you have no medical conditions or physical limits which will impact your ability to participate in the Activity, and that your participation in the Activity is entirely voluntary. In other words, every action you take in the Activity is one that you alone choose to take. We are not forcing or coercing you in any way to take any action whatsoever as part of the Activity. Volunteers acknowledge they are not employees of us, will not be paid for their participation, and are not covered by or eligible for insurance, workers’ compensation, or other benefits.
- Use of activity space and materials. You agree to treat the Activity Space with respect and due care, and you represent to us that you will not inflict any damage to any portion thereof, other than reasonable wear and tear resulting from responsible use. You agree not to endanger or injure any other participant. You also agree that we or our assigns own all of the program materials that we provide to you, and you agree to not violate any of our intellectual property rights therein by reproducing such materials or by otherwise taking any action that would suggest your ownership of them.
- Confidentiality. You agree to keep our and your fellow volunteers’/participants’ confidential information just that, confidential, and you will not share it with anyone without our written permission. When we say “confidential information,” we mean any information that we tell you is confidential or that a reasonable person would consider confidential. Examples include sensitive personal stories, sensitive marriage issues and financial information. Take care of our and their confidential information just like you would your own. Don’t share it with anyone, including over social media, text, email or otherwise. Of course, you are free to use information generally available to the public (unless, of course, you caused our confidential information to be publicly available) or that you had or independently created without our confidential information (but be prepared to prove it). These confidentiality obligations continue past the date of the event you are volunteering for or participating in.
- Cancellation of the activity. If you are joining us through a separate group (e.g., your church, school or employer has engaged us), then our agreement with such group will govern our cancellation policies. If you are joining us as an individual, or if our agreement with your group doesn’t discuss cancellation, then the following shall apply: (a) Unless otherwise agreed to in writing signed by both you and us, in the event you cancel your participation in the Activity at least thirty days prior to the start date of the Activity, you must pay us fifty percent (50%) of the Price/Fee. (b) No refund of any fee paid in advance will be issued if you cancel the Activity within thirty days of the start date of the Activity. (c) We reserve the right to cancel the Activity at any time without any obligation to provide a refund to you. (d) We will refund your Price/Fee if, during the 14 day period before the Activity, you either test positive for COVID-19 or are ill with COVID-19. We reserve the right to ask for supporting documentation before issuing this refund. This Section does not apply to volunteers.
- Limitation on liability. Except to the extent caused by our gross negligence, we are not liable to you under this agreement for (I) indirect, consequential, punitive or incidental losses or damages, including lost profits, regardless of whether any such losses or damages are characterized as arising from breach of contract or otherwise, even if we are advised of the possibility of such losses or damages or (II) any damages, claims, liabilities, costs or expenses in any way arising out of, under or in connection with this agreement for any amounts in excess of the fees paid by you for the services provided in the activity or in the event of volunteers, five hundred dollars ($500).
- You are an adult with capacity to sign. You represent that you are an adult (at least 18 or the age of majority in your state or country of residence with legal capacity to sign). You have read and understand this agreement, and it does not conflict with any other commitments you have made. You understand the agreement includes a waiver and release of claims against us. If signing (or if applicable, clicking the box and entering your name) this consent agreement on behalf of your minor child or ward, you represent that you have full legal capacity to execute this agreement on behalf of such minor child or ward and will not seek to disaffirm this agreement.
- Miscellaneous. You agree that We can share Your personal information as appropriate with the staff, agents, employees, volunteers for purposes of facilitating Your registration and participation in a WinShape Activity with or by Us. Georgia law governs this Agreement (regardless of anything that could apply to change that). If we have a dispute related to this Agreement, you agree to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the federal and state courts located in Fulton County, Georgia, USA. You agree that a breach of any of these terms and conditions, including confidentiality obligations, would cause us irreparable harm and that we will be entitled to seek temporary or permanent injunctive relief to enforce our rights. If a part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, then that part will be enforced as much as possible or removed, and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the other parts. This Agreement can be changed only in writing signed by both of us. This Agreement reflects our complete understanding regarding the Activity and your participation or volunteering.You acknowledge that if you are a resident of California, you have been advised or had the opportunity to be advised by legal counsel, and understand your waiver includes the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542 (“Section 1542”), which provides as follows:A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 1542, being aware of Section 1542, you hereby expressly and voluntarily waive any rights you, your personal representatives, executors, heirs, next of kin and any other on your behalf, may have thereunder, as well as under any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect.Any translation of this Agreement is prepared for convenience of the parties and in the event of a dispute between the English version and any non-English versions, the English version of this Agreement shall govern.
Acuerdo de Autorización, Exoneración de Responsabilidad y Voluntariado/Actividades con WinShape para Personas Naturales
“Actividad”: Cuando decimos “Actividad”, nos referimos al programa, evento, retiro, capacitación, campamento u otra actividad o actividades a las que usted asiste, participa, se ofrece como voluntario o se une de otro modo que organizamos, patrocinamos, planificamos o proporcionamos, ya sea por usted mismo o con otros participantes. Usted acepta que esta definición debe interpretarse ampliamente de manera que este acuerdo rija cualquier compromiso que tengamos entre nosotros. Nos referiremos al lugar donde se lleva a cabo la Actividad como el “Espacio de la Actividad”.
“Usted/su”: Cuando decimos “usted” o “su”, nos referimos a usted, el participante o voluntario, que firma este Formulario y, si corresponde, al Menor en cuyo nombre usted firma. Este acuerdo es personal para usted; no puede cederlo a otra persona.
“Nosotros/nos/nuestro”: Cuando decimos “nosotros”, “nos” o “nuestro”, nos referimos a WinShape Foundation, Inc., WinShape College Program, WinShape Teams, WinShape Marriage, WinShape Retreat, WinShape Camps, WinShape Homes y, en la medida en que sea legal, los ministerios de campus, socios e iglesias que nos apoyan en esta Actividad (si hubiere alguno que nos apoyara), y cada una de las filiales, licenciatarios, subsidiarias, agentes y cesionarios de los anteriores, y sus propietarios, accionistas, directores, ejecutivos, empleados, voluntarios, agentes y representantes.
¡Nos complace que participe o sea voluntario en la actividad! Antes de que comience la diversión, debe leer y aceptar los términos y condiciones de este acuerdo. Para confirmar que está de acuerdo con las tres páginas, firme en la parte inferior de esta sección.
- Usted es responsable de seguir las reglas y mantenerse seguro. Queremos que este sea un momento maravilloso para compartir juntos, pero usted es totalmente responsable (o en la jerga jurídica, “el único responsable”) de sus acciones, conducta y seguridad durante la Actividad, incluido el cumplimiento de todas las reglas, regulaciones e instrucciones. Debe cumplir con nuestras políticas y procedimientos sobre la COVID-19 según se actualicen al momento correspondiente, que pueden revisarse en https://winshape.org/covid-19-guest-safety/. Acepta no consumir drogas ni alcohol mientras participa o se ofrece como voluntario en la Actividad, usar ropa adecuada para la Actividad específica y no hacer nada que usted no esté completamente convencido de que pueda hacer de forma segura.
- Usted es consciente de los riesgos y los acepta. Usted es plenamente consciente de los riesgos asociados con el voluntariado o la participación en la Actividad y acepta y asume todos los riesgos asociados con la misma (que pueden incluir, entre otros peligros, riesgos asociados con la congregación con grupos de otras personas, riesgos asociados con circuitos de cuerdas en alturas [arborismo] u otras situaciones conexas de fomento del espíritu de equipo pero estresantes u otro daño debido a cualquier acto, hecho u otro asunto desconocido impredecible). Lo anterior incluye expresamente la asunción de riesgos que surgen de nuestros propios actos u omisiones negligentes, actos negligentes u omisiones de voluntarios o participantes, y los de nuestros contratistas independientes, proveedores, franquiciados, agentes y contribuyentes (incluido Chick-fil-A, Inc.) (junto con nosotros, se denominan las “Partes exoneradas”, y cada uno individualmente, una “Parte exonerada”).
- Acepta cada uno de los Términos y Condiciones. Usted confirma que ha leído, comprende y acepta los términos y condiciones que aparecen a continuación, los cuales forman parte expresa de este acuerdo (incluidas las renuncias y exenciones de responsabilidad). Además, acepta que si por alguna razón no es posible exigir el cumplimiento de uno de los términos a continuación, entonces eso no impedirá que podamos exigir el cumplimiento de los demás.No firme hasta que termine de leer. Al firmar a continuación, reconozco que acepto libre y voluntariamente los siguientes términos.
El material legal detallado
(Lo que nuestros abogados llaman “términos y condiciones”).
- Usted nos exime y renuncia a sus derechos de demandar/presentar reclamaciones. Usted comprende plenamente y renuncia para siempre a sus derechos de demandar o presentar cualquier reclamación contra las Partes exoneradas por todas y cada una de las lesiones, daños, acciones, responsabilidades, demandas de todo tipo y naturaleza, en función de la negligencia o de otro modo de las Partes exoneradas u otras personas que participan en la Actividad, en la medida permitida por la ley, ya sea por lesiones personales, daños a la propiedad, enfermedad, muerte (incluida, entre otras enfermedades, cualquier enfermedad, afección de salud, infección por COVID-19 u otras complicaciones crónicas o de salud que resulten de la COVID-19 o estén relacionadas con la misma) o cualquier otra pérdida, por parte de usted o en nombre de usted (o que usted, como padre/madre o tutor, tiene o puede tener en nombre del menor), que estén relacionados con su voluntariado o participación en la Actividad o su contribución a, y nuestro uso de, las Obras (según se definen a continuación). Esta es una renuncia total a su derecho significativo de iniciar acciones legales contra nosotros por cualquier reclamación relacionada con la Actividad. No firme arriba si no está de acuerdo.
- Usted nos indemnizará en ciertas circunstancias. Usted defenderá, indemnizará y eximirá de responsabilidad a cada una de las Partes exoneradas contra todas y cada una de las reclamaciones (incluidas las reclamaciones de terceros) por lesiones, daños, acciones judiciales, derechos y otras responsabilidades (incluidos los honorarios razonables de abogados), ya sea por lesiones personales, daños materiales (incluidos los daños al Espacio de la Actividad, independientemente de que seamos propietarios del mismo o simplemente lo alquilamos u organizamos), enfermedad, muerte (incluida, entre otras enfermedades, cualquier enfermedad, enfermedad, infección por COVID-19, u otras complicaciones crónicas o de salud que resulten o estén relacionadas con la COVID-19) o cualesquier otras pérdidas, daños o gastos, relacionados o que surjan de (a) su participación o voluntariado en la Actividad, (b) el uso de sus Obras (según se definen más adelante), (c) su infracción o incumplimiento de las disposiciones de este Acuerdo o de la ley aplicable. En otras palabras, si sufrimos daños y perjuicios que surjan de su participación en las Actividades o se relacionen con esta, usted acepta, como mínimo, resarcirlos. Y, si otra persona asume o sufre costos, daños o gastos que surgen o se relacionan con su participación en la Actividad, y esa otra persona requiere que le paguemos cualquier monto o le brindemos una compensación, usted nos compensará por las responsabilidades/pérdidas en las que incurramos como resultado de que hayamos hecho pagos/compensado a dicha parte.
- Usted puede ser parte de nuestro marketing. A menos que usted opte por excluirse (o haya optado por excluirse) de manera expresa y clara de esto durante su incorporación/registro con nosotros a través de nuestro sistema interno, usted otorga a las Partes exoneradas los derechos completos, sin cargo, de usar su nombre, fotografía, voz, imagen e historia personal parcial o totalmente, en cualquier medio (en conjunto, las “Obras”) para fines de marketing, publicidad y otros fines legales en todo el mundo ahora y en el futuro. Consideramos que las grabaciones y los medios que creamos y desarrollamos son nuestras “Obras” y, por lo tanto, somos los propietarios exclusivos de todos los derechos, incluidos los derechos de autor y otros derechos de propiedad intelectual, sobre las Obras. Nos complace tener la posibilidad de usar las grabaciones, los materiales y las Obras a medida que surjan oportunidades ahora y en el futuro. Asimismo, usted acepta que no tenemos que notificarle cada vez que deseemos hacerlo, ni tenemos que obtener su revisión o aprobación cada vez y renuncia a cualquier derecho moral que pueda existir. Esperamos que las grabaciones, los materiales y las Obras sean excelentes, pero también tenemos derecho a no usarlos. Usted acepta que no tenemos ninguna obligación de pago, otra compensación o reconocimiento con usted. Por el presente, usted también nos declara que, al usar las grabaciones y los materiales, no estamos violando los derechos de un tercero (p. ej., una agencia de talentos o su amigo que es fotógrafo) que tendría una reclamación de ser propietario de cualquier derecho sobre las grabaciones o los materiales. Sin perjuicio de lo anterior, esta Sección no se aplicará a las sesiones de terapia de pareja WinShape Marriage Intensives.
- Su participación es voluntaria y es usted quien toma la decisión de participar. Usted confirma que no tiene afecciones médicas ni limitaciones físicas que afecten su capacidad para participar en la Actividad, y que su participación en la Actividad es completamente voluntaria. En otras palabras, es usted quien toma la decisión de llevar a cabo cada acción que realice en la Actividad. No lo estamos obligando ni forzando de ninguna manera a tomar ninguna medida como parte de la Actividad. Los voluntarios reconocen que no son empleados de nosotros, que no recibirán ningún pago por su participación y que no están cubiertos ni cumplen los requisitos para recibir seguro, compensación de trabajadores por accidentes laborales u otros beneficios.
- Uso del espacio de la actividad y materiales. Usted acepta tratar el Espacio de la Actividad con respeto y el debido cuidado, y nos asegura que no causará ningún daño a ninguna parte de este, excepto el desgaste razonable que resulte del uso responsable. Usted acepta no poner en peligro ni lesionar a ningún otro participante. También acepta que nosotros o nuestros cesionarios somos propietarios de todos los materiales del programa que le proporcionamos, y se compromete a no violar ninguno de nuestros derechos de propiedad intelectual sobre ellos reproduciendo dichos materiales o tomando cualquier medida que sugiera que usted es propietario de ellos.
- Confidencialidad. Usted acepta mantener la confidencialidad de nuestra información confidencial y la de sus compañeros voluntarios/participantes, y no la compartirá con nadie sin nuestra autorización por escrito. Cuando decimos “información confidencial”, nos referimos a cualquier información que le digamos que es confidencial o que una persona razonable consideraría confidencial. Algunos ejemplos incluyen historias personales sensibles, asuntos matrimoniales sensibles e información financiera. Cuide nuestra información confidencial y la de ellos como lo haría con la suya. No la comparta con nadie, lo cual incluye la divulgación a través de redes sociales, mensajes de texto, correos electrónicos u otros medios. Por supuesto, usted es libre de usar información que es de disposición general para el público (a menos que, por supuesto, usted haya hecho que nuestra información confidencial llegara a ser de conocimiento público) o que haya tenido o creado de manera independiente sin nuestra información confidencial (pero tenga a mano lo que corresponda para probar esto). Estas obligaciones de confidencialidad continúan después de la fecha del evento para el que se ofrece como voluntario o en el que participa.
- Cancelación de la actividad. Si se une a nosotros a través de un grupo separado (p. ej., su iglesia, escuela o empleador nos contrata), entonces nuestro acuerdo con dicho grupo regirá nuestras políticas de cancelación. Si se une a nosotros como persona natural, o si nuestro acuerdo con su grupo no aborda el asunto de cancelación, entonces se aplicará lo siguiente: (a) a menos que se acuerde algo diferente por escrito, firmado por usted y por nosotros, en caso de que cancele su participación en la Actividad al menos treinta días antes de la fecha de inicio de la Actividad, debe pagarnos el cincuenta por ciento (50 %) del Precio/Cargo. (b) No se emitirá ningún reembolso de ningún cargo pagado por adelantado si cancela la Actividad dentro de los treinta días de la fecha de inicio de la Actividad. (c) Nos reservamos el derecho de cancelar la Actividad en cualquier momento sin ninguna obligación de proporcionarle un reembolso. (d) Le reembolsaremos su Precio/Cargo si, durante el período de 14 días antes de la Actividad, tiene un resultado positivo en la prueba de COVID-19 o está enfermo de COVID-19. Nos reservamos el derecho de solicitar documentación de respaldo antes de emitir este reembolso. Esta sección no se aplica a los voluntarios.
- Limitación de responsabilidad. Excepto en la medida en que sean causados por nuestra negligencia grave, no somos responsables ante usted en virtud de este acuerdo por (I) pérdidas o daños indirectos, emergentes, punitivos o incidentales, incluida la pérdida de ganancias, independientemente de si se considera que dichas pérdidas o daños se derivan de incumplimiento de contrato o de otro motivo, incluso si se nos informa de la posibilidad de tales pérdidas o daños o (II) cualquier daño, reclamación, responsabilidad, costo o gasto que de cualquier manera surja de, en virtud de o en relación con este acuerdo, por cualquier monto que supere los cargos pagados por usted por los servicios prestados en la actividad o en el caso de voluntarios, quinientos dólares ($500).
- Usted es un adulto con capacidad para firmar. Declara que es un adulto (tiene al menos 18 años o la mayoría de edad en su estado o país de residencia con capacidad legal para firmar). Ha leído y comprende esta acuerdo, y confirma que este no entra en conflicto con ningún otro compromiso que haya asumido. Usted comprende que el acuerdo incluye una renuncia y exención de reclamaciones en nuestra contra. Si firma (o si corresponde, hace clic en la casilla e ingresa su nombre) este acuerdo de consentimiento en nombre de su hijo menor de edad o pupilo, usted declara que tiene plena capacidad legal para firmar este acuerdo en nombre de dicho hijo menor de edad o pupilo y no intentará reirar el consentimiento de este acuerdo.
- Disposiciones varias. Usted acepta que podemos compartir Su información personal y de salud según corresponda con el personal, los agentes, los empleados, los voluntarios y la Iglesia Anfitriona (si la hubiera) con el fin de facilitar Su registro y participación en un Campamento WinShape (WinShape Camp) o una Actividad WinShape (WinShape Activity) realizado con Nosotros o por Nosotros. La ley de Georgia rige este Acuerdo (independientemente de cualquier cosa que pueda aplicarse para cambiar esta disposición).Si llegáremos a tener una controversia relacionada con este Acuerdo, usted acepta la jurisdicción y competencia exclusivas de los tribunales federales y estatales ubicados en el condado de Fulton, Georgia, EE. UU. Usted acepta que el incumplimiento de cualquiera de estos términos y condiciones, incluidas las obligaciones de confidencialidad, nos causaría un daño irreparable y que tendremos derecho a solicitar medidas cautelares temporales o permanentes para hacer cumplir nuestros derechos. Si una parte de este Acuerdo se considera inválida o inaplicable, esa parte se aplicará en la medida más amplia que sea posible o se eliminará, y no tendrá efecto sobre la validez o aplicabilidad de las otras partes. Este Acuerdo solo puede modificarse mediante un documento escrito firmado por ambos. Este Acuerdo refleja nuestro entendimiento completo con respecto a la Actividad y su participación o voluntariado.Usted reconoce que si es residente de California, se le ha recomendado consultar un asesor jurídico o tuvo la oportunidad de consultar un asesor jurídico, y comprende que su renuncia incluye las disposiciones de la sección 1542 del Código Civil de California (“Sección 1542”), que establece lo siguiente:Una exención general de responsabilidades no se extiende a aquellas reclamaciones que el acreedor o la parte exonerante no sabe ni sospecha que existen a su favor al momento de firmar la exención y que, de haber sido conocidas por él o ella, habrían tenido un efecto sustancial sobre su acuerdo con el deudor o la parte exonerada.Sin perjuicio de las disposiciones de la Sección 1542, teniendo en cuenta la existencia de la Sección 1542, por el presente renuncia de manera expresa y voluntaria a cualquier derecho que usted, sus representantes personales, albaceas, herederos, parientes más cercanos y cualquier otro en su nombre puedan tener en virtud de dicha disposición legal, así como en virtud de cualquier otra ley o principio de derecho de common law de efecto similar.Toda traducción de este Acuerdo se elabora para facilitar la lectura de las partes y en caso de una controversia entre la versión en inglés y cualquier versión que no sea en inglés, tendrá prelación la versión en inglés de este Acuerdo.