We and our third-party service providers collect information both directly and indirectly from you when you:
- contact or communicate with us;
- request information about us or any of our Programs;
- apply or register for any of our Programs;
- apply for a Program staffer position or other employment opportunity with us;
- create an online account with us;
- participate in any of our Programs;
- donate to or otherwise support us, our Programs, and ministries;
- access or use our pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (“Social Media Pages”);
- sign-up for communications (e.g., direct mailings, e-mails, text messages, or social media notifications) from us;
- participate in a survey or evaluation;
- provide or submit comments, stories, suggestions, or other content or input to us; and/or otherwise interact with us and our Sites.
We and our third-party service providers collect Personal Information provided by you or on your behalf, which information may include your:
- contact information (e.g., home address, phone numbers including mobile numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.);
- date of birth;
- demographic information;
- family information;
- medical information and records;
- educational records;
- employment information;
- personal references; and/or
- payment and financial information (e.g., credit card numbers and banking information).
Information Collected Automatically
We and our third-party service providers use Traffic Data, Cookies, Web Beacons, and other tracking technologies to automatically collect certain information from you. The following are examples of information we may collect with these technologies:
- your IP address;
- browser type and operating system;
- pages you view within our Sites;
- websites you visited before coming to our Site;
- emails from us that you open and/or forward; and/or
- offers or links from us to which you connect.
We use this information to personalize your on-line experience and for marketing purposes.
Traffic Data. We may automatically track and collect your IP address, domain server, type of computer, and type of web browser (“Traffic Data”). Traffic Data does not typically include Personal Information, but rather is anonymous information that is helpful for our marketing purposes and for improving your experience on our Sites.
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx
- For Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Options+window+-+Privacy+panel\
- For Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
Web Beacons. Certain pages on our Sites and Social Media Pages may contain web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs), which are small bits of code embedded in pages or images on our Sites and Social Media Pages (“Web Beacons”). We may also include Web Beacons in e- mails we send to you to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded. You can disable the ability of Web Beacons to capture such information. Please refer to the “Help” menu of your browser to learn more about Web Beacons and your ability to disable them.
Other Technologies. We and our third-party service providers may also utilize other tracking technologies. For example, if permitted by applicable law, we may collect “referrers” and various environmental variables. A “referrer” is information the web browser passes along to our web servers,
which refers to the URL from which you came. Environmental variables may include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed our Site or Social Media Page, the type of web browsers and operating system or platform used, the Internet address of the website you left to visit our Site or Social Media Page, the names of the web pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website you then visit. These environmental variables are collected by most websites, and can be used to optimize your online experience.
We use your information that we collect, including Personal Information, in connection with our Programs and ministries. The following are ways we may use the information we collect about you:
- communicating with you regarding our Programs and ministries;
- processing your applications and registrations;
- processing your payments and donations;
- administering our Programs;
- tailoring our Programs, Sites, and communications to your interests;
- creating and managing your accounts;
- seeking donations and other support for our Programs and ministries;
- responding to your inquiries, comments, stories, or postings;
- improving and customizing our Programs, Sites, and communications according to your individual interests;
- for internal operations such as enhancing our Programs, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis;
- developing new programs and ministries;
- for our marketing purposes;
- protect the security and integrity of our Programs and Sites.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We share and disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf (e.g., hosting and maintenance of our Sites and Social Media Pages, application and registration submission and processing, payment processing, etc.), or assist us in providing our Programs and ministries (e.g., facilities, food servicing, medical providers, church hosts, etc.);
- with our sponsors and partners in order to facilitate our Programs and ministries and for marketing purposes;
- to comply with law or investigate a potential violation of law;
- as may be necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of WinShape, our employees, participants, partners, users, visitors, or any other person or entity;
- to enforce or apply any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements;
- in the event of a corporate transaction;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and/or
- in accordance with your consent.
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
We provide you with the opportunity to update and/or delete certain information and to opt-out of having your Personal Information used or disclosed for certain purposes. For example, you may
- correct, update, and delete your online account;
- change your choices for subscriptions and certain communications;
- opt-out of us sharing your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes; and/or request access to your Personal Information.
Because we plan our communications in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If you continue to receive our communications after expressing an opt-out preference, please let us know so that we can investigate the situation.
Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect and use your Personal Information, you may not be able to participate in our Programs, ministries, and other offerings.
User Generated Content
Privacy of Children Online
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. Please contact us via the Contact Information provided below if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent or other than in a manner authorized by law, and we will work to delete it.
Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
Outside of the United States
Address: WinShape Foundation, P.O. Box 490009, Mt. Berry, GA 30149-0009